On Windows 10, I'm trying to add a remote located on my Linux laptop. I can see the repo in Windows Explorer at \\SONIC\monkey\sites\kpuc.local\.git , but when I try adding the remote (using \\\\SONIC\\monkey\\sites\\kpuc.local\\.git as a path) and fetching, I get the following output:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch local_on_Sonic
fatal: '\\\\SONIC\\monkey\\sites\\kpuc.local\\.git' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
Completed with errors, see above.
- My previous SSH key was 1023 bits long; seems like SourceTree wants keys longer than that, so I generated a new key and exported it in OpenSSH format.
- I added the new public key to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the Linux laptop.
- In the terminal, I confirmed that the new key works:
$ ssh -i /c/Users/MYUSER/.ssh/dell-no-passphrase-openssh-2048-bits monkey@sonic
Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64)
# etc.
monkey@Sonic:~$
- I added the new private key, in OpenSSH format, to SourceTree. Its SSH Key setting now reads "C:\Users\MYUSER\.ssh\id_rsa;C:\Users\MYUSER\.ssh\dell-no-passphrase-openssh-2048-bits". (The first key is for another repo)
- SourceTree is using the OpenSSH client, but I even added the new private key to Pageant, just in case.
- I got the same result as before.
- I entered the SourceTree terminal to do some debugging:
# Repo path removed from $ prompt
$ eval `ssh-agent -s`
Agent pid 9364
$ ssh-add -l
The agent has no identities.
$ ssh-add /c/Users/MYUSER/.ssh/dell-no-passphrase-openssh-2048-bits
Identity added: /c/Users/MYUSER/.ssh/dell-no-passphrase-openssh-2048-bits (/c/Users/MYUSER/.ssh/dell-no-passphrase-openssh-2048-bits)
$ git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch local_on_Sonic
fatal: '\\\\SONIC\\monkey\\sites\\kpuc.local\\.git' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
$ git remote -v
# (excerpt)
local_on_Sonic \\\\SONIC\\monkey\\sites\\kpuc.local\\.git (fetch)
local_on_Sonic \\\\SONIC\\monkey\\sites\\kpuc.local\\.git (push)
I'm not sure what to do at this point. Thanks for your help.