(I am new to source control so please forgive me for any terminology or procedural blunders)
Last night I created a New branch when working in my home office. I made some edits and committed the Branch and pushed it to the remote. When I arrived at my other office this morning I 'pulled' the new remote branch but under options I did not uncheck the commit merged changes immediately. This seems to have 'merged' the changes from the remote branch back into the master branch which I did NOT want to do, I wanted to continue working on the New branch keeping it separate from the master. On my Work computer it now shows a [2] on the Push Icon when I am on the master branch and there was No New branch. I Then Selected the Remote Repo and checked out the new branch and it is now appearing in my local repo, I think that is now solved.
How do I get my Master branch on this system back to 'normal'? There should be NO changes waiting to be pushed on this system for the master branch...