For this week's Friday fun thread, I challenge everyone to post three things about themselves -- two that are true, one that is a lie.
I'll get us started in the answers section and see if you can guess what I'm lying about.
Subscribe to Friday fun by following this link and clicking "Create alert."
1. I was once an extra on the U.S. version of The Office.
2. I've been cage-diving with great white sharks.
3. I was valedictorian of my high school class.
I don't think you've been in The Office
A people based one for me
1. I went to university with one of Atlassian's Leadership Team
2. I used to make tea for Sandi Shaw
3. I got a lift from Richard Hammond (Top Gear) while I was working for the BBC
Sharks?
Hoping #3 is not a lie
Guess which one is B.S:
I am guessing you never made tea for Sandie Shaw because you didn't mention any details.
If #1 is true, I am dying to know who?
I am guessing #1 is the lie
I'm really torn on this. I feel like #3 is too mundane to be a lie and #2 is too weird to be a lie. So I guess I'll go with #1? Tricky!
3 is something that feels like it could be true, but you've altered a detail to turn it into a lie. Like you did work for an oil company in CA, but it was BP-Amaco, rather than Shell.
(I admit, I used that trick in one of my three)
I am guessing, you've never been cage-diving with sharks.
Hmm, there is such a thing as a helicopter wedding (btw, do they throw the bridal bouquet out of the helicopter to see, who's next? :-) ), but did you do that? Weird, but true, I think.
I've got a feeling that you are interested more in in art, than in oil, don't know why, so I vote for #3.
Here are mine:
I say #3!
I think #2 is the lie
I vote for #2. Because you've been many times :-)
Hi, y'all! I'm brand-new to the Atlassian team (Day #5 woop woop!). So hopefully, my truths are still shrouded in at least a little bit of mystery. Here goes:
1. I've authored three, 200+ paged Harry Potter FanFiction novels
2. My grandparents are professional Bridge players which is why my parents named me Bridget
3. I don't have a spleen
omg #2 is hilarious and I hope it's true. But I'm going to guess it's the lie.
Wait no, I'm guessing the lie is #1. NEW GUESS.
I think, it is #2, just a feeling
btw, welcome @Bridget and a big hello from Germany 😀
1. My mom's cousin is Stephen King's executive assistant
2. My mom's cousin is Dan Brown's executive assistant
3. My first "real" job after college was selling lumber
I'll play.
#1. (Sticking with @Stephanie Grice's stephen king theme....) My grandmother lives down the road from Stephen King's home in Maine.
#2. I am an absolute adrenaline junkie - sky diving, roller coasters, swimming with sharks, you name it, I'm there.
#3. I play the pipe organ. yeah, like this. Yeah, for FUN.
#3 seems just real enough to be... real.
It's clearly either 1 or 2, because they're both 'writer/celeb' related.... unless your mom's cousin is a slacker who moves from writer/celeb to writer/celeb. I'm going with #2.
I will be shocked if #2 is true!
I also think #2
if not, you should enter the shark cage together with Monique or come to South Germany where you can find Europe's biggest theme park with great roller coasters. I'll take a ride with you 😀
But maybe she's working for the publisher that is publishing books of both, King and Brown.
I vote for #3.
you're both wrong.
I do indeed play the organ... and it put me through college.
And.... I freakin' love roller coasters. Zip lines. Shark swimming. Bungee jumping. Meetings with @Monique vdB. Anything that gets adrenaline going.
(and my grandmother doesn't live near Stephen King... but my ex's does!)
@Thomas Schlegel I was hoping someone would fall for that!! Mwahaha!
The lie is #2... no Dan Brown contacts that I know of!
Late to the game, but here we go:
1. I won a beautiful baby contest when I was six months old.
2. I had perfect attendance in high school.
3. In 2001, I met Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez from *NSYNC.
Late is fine, these threads are evergreen! (Hmm, maybe I should consider not naming them after a specific day of the week...)
Guessing the lie is #2.
The lie is totally #3. Of course she'd have perfect attendance. And beautiful baby? I mean, c'mon. (i'm not dumb... i'm not debating that one.)
@pb wins. 😄
Monique said late is fine, so here I go! Which one is the lie?:
1. I built my own robot during my years in University.2. I first moved abroad when I turned 22.3. I suffer from Aichmophobia (fear of needles or pointed objects).
Late comment is also fine I guess!
I'd go with #2, even if #3 seems pretty "liable" as well haha
Hi @miikhy! Number 1 and 2 are true! The lie is the number 3, I'm not afraid of needles or pointed objects I learned a new word that day!!
What are your two truths and one lie?
One for the 2018 Advent calendar...
Two truths and a lie...
Think you know?
I'm going to guess 1 is the lie because it was really an all-night diner.
(Also my grandfather was a carpenter and was missing about a finger and a half himself.)
Well, you told us already in another thread that you‘re building wooden kayaks, so I think #3 is right. On that thread, you posted a photo of a left hand holding a wooden pencil - if this is your hand, #2 is wrong, the hand is complete.
So I think, 2 is the lie.
We have a detective over here!
I missed this the first time around thanks to @Thomas Schlegel advent calendar I found my way here...
@Jack Brickey I think #2 is the lie. (Since you are now an undead skeleton, you clearly only survived two of them.)
well I love the logic but that one is true enough (two cars, one motorcycle)
Thanks @Monique vdB , I think I have played this earlier. Here are my entries for this game.
1. I am allergic to some seafoods.
2. I love reading Sci-Fi books and watching Sci-Fi Series and Movies.
3. I think I am germophobic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.