HERE IS WHAT I'M USING
==============================
- WINDOWS 10
- 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788)
- Google Chrome
- 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- SourceTree
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
===============================
Download SourceTree for windows
Open downloads folder
Doubleclick to install
The SourceTree logo presents for a couple of seconds, then goes away and nothing else happens.
I then tried Right Clicking and Run As Administrator and received the same thingt
I CAN NAVIATE TO THE FOLLOWING FOLDER PATH:
==========================================
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Atlassia\SourceTree
I HAVE THESE FILES
-------------------
FOLDER "analytics_gas_upload"
FILE "opentabs"
FILE "sourcetree"
Here is the text from the "sourcetree" log below
------------------------------------------------
ERROR [2017-09-26 17:52:01,424] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-09-26 17:52:01,937] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
at SourceTree.Configuration.WpfSpellCheckerPreFlightCheck.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
ERROR [2017-09-26 17:56:50,083] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-09-26 17:56:50,207] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
at SourceTree.Configuration.WpfSpellCheckerPreFlightCheck.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
ERROR [2017-09-26 18:04:02,775] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-09-26 18:04:05,004] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
at SourceTree.Configuration.WpfSpellCheckerPreFlightCheck.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
Dion Halkides
Dion Halkides Monday • edited
If I follow this path...
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_3rqrv0jj2kuth1c01slr4bfdolgb0gsv\2.3.1.0
There are the following files...
Startup (PROFILE File)
user (XML Configuration File)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<userSettings>
<SourceTree.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="AllowModifyConfigFiles" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="LastOpenTabIndex" serializeAs="String">
<value>-1</value>
</setting>
<setting name="AnalyticsHasAgreed" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="NPSAnonUId" serializeAs="String">
<value>00254519-95a7-4b4d-a77e-1ed328419b20</value>
</setting>
</SourceTree.Properties.Settings>
</userSettings>
</configuration>
IF I FOLLOW THIS PATH...
============================
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_3rqrv0jj2kuth1c01slr4bfdolgb0gsv\2.3.1.0
I FIND THE FOLLOWING FILES:
---------------------------------------------------------
FILE "Startup" (PROFILE File)
FILE "user" (XML Configuration File)
HERE IS THE TEXT FROM THE "user" CONFIGURATION FILE
-------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<userSettings>
<SourceTree.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="AllowModifyConfigFiles" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="LastOpenTabIndex" serializeAs="String">
<value>-1</value>
</setting>
<setting name="AnalyticsHasAgreed" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>
<setting name="NPSAnonUId" serializeAs="String">
<value>00254519-95a7-4b4d-a77e-1ed328419b20</value>
</setting>
</SourceTree.Properties.Settings>
</userSettings>
</configuration>