On the Mac, SourceTree's Repository Browser window generally fails to refresh its *local* git status. Opening a repo window will show that (for example) 7 unstaged files in a project, but the Repository Browser window will show no files modified. Then some minutes later (tens of minutes?) something will cause the Repository Browser to update itself.
It's frustrating, because the product I work is built from 8 separate git-managed projects, and I can no longer simply look at the Repository Browser window to find out which projects have modifications that need to be committed.
This Repository Browser window's local status used stay tightly in sync with the actual repo status, but it stopped working sometime in the last couple of months. Maybe with the SourceTree 2.6 release?
With some experimentation I have figured out that I can get a project's local status to refresh if I (a) quit and restart SourceTree; or (b) drag and drop the project into or out of a Repository Group folder; or (c) change the SourceTree theme from light to dark or vice versa.
If there is some technical reason why Atlassian doesn't want the Repository Browser window to periodically poll all git repos for their local status, then it would be much better to at least have a manual refresh function. Swapping the theme between light/and dark to force a refresh is non-optimal.