Good morning,
My team and I have been using SourceTree for quite a while now (2+ years) and were quite satisfied.
However, it's been about 2/3 months that it became almost literally a nightmare.
Indeed, here is a non-exhaustive list of the issues encountered so far:
1) Extreme slownesses when it comes to pulling/pushing on our repos. Please note that this does not happen on all repos and not all the time.
But when it does happen it takes up to 10 minutes to finally do the trick.
2) 50% of the time, I do not have the information of possibles commits needed to be pulled displayed. I mean that the visual information is being displayed only 50% of the time. I am now forced to always pull whether something has been comitted or not.
Moreover, this pulling process sometimes takes also up to 10 minutes (cf. point 1) and may make SourceTree crash ("SourceTree is not responding....").
3) Opening a repo (that I have already cloned) may also take up to 5/10 minutes and may also make SourceTree crash.
Now I know that I do not provide you with a lot of information but I did try to troubleshoot it (uninstall/reinstall, grabbed the latest version, closed processes on my workstation, etc..) but nothing worked.
It was going so smooth before that I am really concerned about it.
Could you please enlighten me? Has anything happened on the product that I am not aware of?
FYI: I run Windows 7 64bits, I have a quite powerfull workstation, those slownesses/crashes also occur on some of my coworkers workstations running windows 10 or ubuntu.
Thanks in advance