It is interesting to see that Trello has released desktop apps. However, they are limited to Windows and Mac at the minute. Is there a plan on releasing a Linux based application?
Hi Ardeshir,
That's a great question—right now, we're not planning on a Linux version, but I'll let the team know you're looking for it!
Let's hope this changes, it would really be great
https://github.com/danielchatfield/trello-desktop
haven't tried it myself yet though!
It's basically just a desktop wrapper for the website as far as I could make out (no offline capability).
It's 2019 and, by the fact that only some hundreds viewed this post and nearly no one commented anything, I suppose Trello remains with only a few people interested on it for Linux... if you are reading this and wanted a version for Linux (like me), please post it here!!
I am quite interested in seeing a linux version as well, or alternatively, a web app version. Web apps can be easily supported on linux.
Me too.
Now I'm using an unofficial solution: https://www.edivaldobrito.com.br/cliente-desktop-do-trello-no-linux/
How about a snap, a lot of the other kanban apps like zenkit, ora use Snaps for Linux, Snaps are distro independent.
em may be its nice
Trello should release Linux version for stupid genius like us.
+1
Now it's 2020 and even Evernote and Microsoft Teams has announced a linux client:https://fossbytes.com/evernote-linux-client-gparted-open-source-tools/
I ended up here looking for a Linux version too. I’d like to create an interactive board hanging on the wall with a touch screen, probably powered by a raspberry pi underneath and with offline support.
I would love it to be in linux
Please
Would like that as well
Any sign of a Linux client? I use all 3 platforms but Linux (Ubuntu) is my primary dev platform and where having trello client would be of most use to me.
+1, please!
please
Hello,
Anyone tried Focus|Project App? Not a replacement, but I am creating an app, of which the Trello integration is getting published first.
I use it as a reduced functionality Trello desktop client for the stuff that I'd quickly/frequently reach for. (I think it does help me, nut sure how biased I am though ) When just fiddling with a card it can help I suppose, for everything 'large scope' I just use the web.
It's really in beta - it will need some improvements even on the most basic things like authorization, for instance - so getting started could be daunting right now, but it is written/tested on the go on Ubuntu, so I think you can guess which OS it feels home on
Also it has one of the darkest UIs (optionally) that I ever created =b
(I hope to get back to putting it on the Trello integrations route soon, for now it's just an "Unknown app" when authorizing.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.