I would like to push my files. When I try to do it, I get a dialog where I have to give my username and password. Everything looks correct but after I press OK, I get the following error message:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree push -v --tags --set-upstream origin refs/heads/mybranch:refs/heads/mybranchPushing to https://bitbucket.org/----------.gitremote: Unauthorizedfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/---------.git/'Pushing to https://bitbucket.org/------.gitremote: Unauthorizedfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/----------.git/'Pushing to https://bitbucket.org/---------------------.gitremote: Unauthorizedfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/------------.git/'Pushing to https://bitbucket.org/------.gitremote: Unauthorizedfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/------------.git/'Completed with errors, see above
I just created my account an hour ago, it might be the reason but I am not sure. How could this issue be solved? It is quite urgent, I have 24hours to complete the push.Thanks in advance!
Hi Biró! Are you getting this same error when you try pushing from the command line instead of Sourcetree? If you do, then the issue is not with Sourcetree itself but with the authentication.
You can try removing all your credentials and entering them again. SourceTree accounts are stored in %localappdata%/Atlassian/SourceTree/accounts.json. If you're on Windows they are stored in the Credentials Manager or Vault with the 'git:' prefix. If you're on Mac, they are stored in the Keychain.
If you're still having issues after trying the above, let us know if you are on Windows or Mac, and also which Sourcetree version are you using.
Regards,
Ana
Hi Ana! I do not try to do it via the command line, I use Sourcetree's user interface. I just press the Push button placed between Pull and Fetch, then I select the Branches to push and click the Ok button.I am using Mac OSX 10.11.4 (El Captain) and Sourcetree 2.6.3 (134).Regards,Biró
Hi Ana,
Is it possible to make the communication faster? My problem is still not solved and I am already 10 hours over the deadline. Could you please contact me via email, phone or Skype?
Thanks in advance,
Biro
Hi Biró, if you're able to try the command line it will help us know where the issue is what will lead to a more accurate answer. Can you try pushing from the command line and see if you receive the same error?
Also, can you confirm if you cleared the credentials from the Keychain? It's very possible that the Keychain has the wrong credentials stored for bitbucket.org.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.