My bamboo remote agent is installed as a service on a Windows 7 computer. The service runs as a user (not local administrator). I find that I must run the service as user since the GCC compiler suite does not work when I run as the local administrator. We are using version 5.1.1 of bamboo.
My bamboo build plan includes a task that checks out my source code. The plan is configured to "Force Clean Build" which I take to mean that bamboo will delete the source tree and check out a fresh copy before attempting a new build.
The problem is that bamboo cannot delete the source tree. I get this error in the log:
| 24-Apr-2014 14:16:14 |
Build always requires a clean checkout |
| 24-Apr-2014 14:16:14 |
Cleaning build directory 'C:\MSA\GSCBA\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\GSCBA-PM-JOB1\GSCBA-PM' |
| 24-Apr-2014 14:16:15 |
Unable to clean source directory 'C:\MSA\GSCBA\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\GSCBA-PM-JOB1\GSCBA-PM' Unable to delete directory C:\MSA\GSCBA\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\GSCBA-PM-JOB1\GSCBA-PM\tools\foo. |
The directory that it cannot delete seems to contain a directory named "bin". When I check ownship of the "bin" folder, windows explore shows unavailable or unknown. There's only one way to delete the tree that I have found: reboot. After rebooting, the "bin" folder is already gone. Just to be clear, after rebooting, I do not delete "bin" since its not there. After rebooting, the machine is happy to delete the tree. Obviously rebooting is not a viable solution since I do not always have physical access to this machine.
Can anyone suggest why the "bin" folder cannot be deteled without rebooting?
Thank you