Hi!
We're trying to use the underlying LDAP server used by our Crowd instance to manage access to 3rd party applications, but we are facing some strange behaviour.
We use Nested Groups in Crowd/LDAP to manage application access / JIRA Project /Confluence Space/ Bitbucket Repository permissions. Users belong to groups which belong to jira-users, confluence-users, stash-users and they have different permissions for each application.
As I can see with Apache Directory Studio, groups in LDAP are kind of "special users" with the attribute objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames, I think they should be in a different OU (groups) instead of OU=people and this is what is causing most headache.
I want to retrieve all users who belong into the group "internal" directly or by inheritance to allow access to a LDAP connected app, but I can't use the attribute memberOf=internal since it doesn't exist in any user.
User membership into a group if defined by a custom attribute in each group asset called "uniqueMember" which stores the cn of a user. Each group has as many "uniqueMember" attributes as users inside that group.
How can I retrieve only the users who belong into "internal" with a single query? I'm trying
`(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(memberOf=cn=internal,ou=people,dc=company,dc=com))`
Thanks!