I am using Source Tree and AWS Code Commit, and I keep getting 403 errors because Source Tree is saving my "user name" and "password." I was hoping there was a way to turn off the auto save functionality.
HiIn Sourcetree for windows the credentials for a host like AWS are actually all managed by the Git Credential Manager for Windows, https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows.I'm assuming you are being shown a grey popup dialog asking for your username/password. It will save these credentials to the Windows Credential Manager and re-use them for subsequent requests.I'm not clear why you want to disable this behaviour?
Hello,
Thanks for the response.
That is exactly what is happening. It saves a username and password even when I hit cancel. I also do not want this to happen because I am using AWS CLI and it auto fills that information. So every time it saves I have to go into options and delete the saved auth before I can push/pull/etc.
Can you check the version of the GCM you are running?>git credential-manager versionIf it is < 1.12.0 (this version ships with Sourcetree 2.3.1) then you should download and install the latest versionhttps://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.