I'm attempting to configure Bamboo to talk to our active directory server following the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/integrating-bamboo-with-ldap-289277210.html - I've ended up with an xml file that looks quite similar to https://confluence.atlassian.com/dev/files/164870/8203/3/1214540227491/atlassian-user.xml
Whenever I try and load this config, though, it looks as though Bamboo is not attempting to authenticate and bind before it executes queries against AD. Whenever I switch i get a stack track with the "must bind before executing query" error.
I've validated several options as below to try and narrow down the problem:
Incorrect hostname: Failed to lookup host error (Good)
Incorrect port: Failed to connect error (Good)
Incorrect username: Failed to bind error (so it is even trying? - I'd expect an "invalid credential" error)
Incorrect password: Failed to bind error (so it is even trying? - I'd expect an "invalid credential" error)
Has anyone seen this before and know why its happening? I'm hoping its just a missing setting. Please be aware that this is a customer project and as such I'm unlikely to be able to post logs directly. Thanks in advance for any help!