I know this question has come up, I have been reading threads for two days now, most of which pertain to remote repositories.
I have inherited a SourceTree + Git setup from the previous support group.
- Source code located on inhouse Linux Server
- SourceTree installed on inhouse Windows Server 2012
- SourceTree: I can see two repositories (I think they are copies).
- LinuxServer: I searched for .git folders and found 6 of them
- 4 of them are located in base folders for 4 instances of Source Code.
- 2 of them seem to be Clones of 2 of the above.
- SourceTree: If I try to Clone a repository and enter the path to any of the four source instances (including the 2 that seem to have clones already), I get the error message "This is not a valid source path / url"
- SourceTree: If I try to Clone a repository and enter the path to the "clones", it recognizes them as GIT.
- LinuxServer: git status from the 4 Source Code folders returned a list of "Untracked files".
- LinuxServer: git init from 1 of the Source Code folders returned "reinitialized existing Git repository in /foldername/.git
- Linux Server git status from same Source Code Folder returned a large list of files in Changes to be committed, as well as the list of untracked files.
- SourceTree: tried to clone repository that I ran git init from, receive same error: "This is not a valid source path / url"
Any help would be appreciated