I have started noticing over the past couple of weeks that SourceTree is really hogging the CPU.
It's so bad that I'm getting periods of interruption that prevent me from doing anything. Moving mouse cursor, alt tabbing etc.
I only have 1 active repos with 2 branches (one dev, one production branch), fairly small I'd say, no significant development going on. My last commit only had 20 lines of code in one file.
One thing I notice, if it's of any relevance is a green loading type of animation on the left side, right above File Status, and beneath the Commit Push Pull buttons.
"Idle" activity is about 50% cpu.
I'm on version 2.3.1.0
But I feel like it's been like this after some recent update where during install it asked me to login to my atlassian account. I'm on a very old Core 2 Duo. But up until recently I've never had any problems. I don't have issues with other programs.
screen grab of task manager http://prntscr.com/gjyxx6