I'm creating a Bamboo server plugin to simplify integration with another product (Puppet Enterprise). At a minimum, this just requires an API call to the other product which I figured could be a simple task.
I'd like to do some testing too, since that's kind of the point of a CI server ;-)
I had a few ideas how the plugin could do this:
- Functionality on/off switches on the config screen for a single task (eg 'test', 'lint', 'syntax', etc)
- Ship multiple tasks in the same plugin which perform discreet tasks, user responsible for selecting the appropriate steps
- Ship muliple plugins each implementing discreet tasks
But I'm not sure what a typical Bamboo user would expect or prefer? My goal here is make the end-to-end process as simple as possible.
Does anyone have a strong opinion on this or other ideas for how this should be done?
Thanks,
Geoff