I'm trying to install SourceTree on Window7Ultimate, I get as far as entering my Atlassian account details in the box that pops up after pressing the "Use an existing account" part of the installer. When submitting that I get an error saying "We've encountered a problem. Please try again in a few minutes".
Have tried it now and at various times over 24 hours and I still get the same result. However, at one point yesterday I did get it to connect and the installer then continued, but part way through it threw up an error saying:
"Download of Git Credential Manager for Windows - Fork from https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/gcmw-v1.12.0.zip failed because: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found"
After that SourceTree then appeared to load its GUI okay, but as I don't fully know how or what is right yet in terms of what ST does, I decided to uninstall it and try again (I found out to do a reinstal), but now I just get back to the same 404 message as above over and over again.
I've tried the other button "Go to My Atlassian" but that just takes me to my license page and doesn't do anything else. At one point I read something about problems with various browsers and maybe requiring IE. I normally use Chrome but I tried altering the defauly browser to first Opera and then IE. It was on trying IE with the "Go to My Atlassian" and then trying "Use an existing account" that I got as far as the one time the login did work, but I think this was just a lucky chance rather than anything browser specific issue which I can't repeat.
Any ideas anyone? Is there a problem with the installer or Atlassian server? I can otherwise log into the Atlassian site just fine via any browser, it's just the installer login that's the issue (and the 404 part of the process) - NB, I am admin and have run installer as admin.