There can be conflicts when applying stash changes. Currently SourceTree just displays an error message and the conflicting files contain changes from both versions. Cannot it just apply the same mechanism as in merge conflicts?
Hello! When applying a stash that causes merge conflicts, you'll need to resolve the conflicts yourself. The file list should look the same as when you have a normal merge conflict.
That doesn't help me. I know that I need to merge conflicts. I am just asking if SourceTree wouldn't be able to help me by providing the same mechanism as when merging.
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you requesting that ST have a new feature that allows for merging conflicts in-app?
When I do a merge it presents me a list of conflicting files and allows me to resolve them one by one (using external merge tool). When applying a stash there is no such thing.
Is there any implementation undergoing from SourceTree Team side @Mike Corsarofor solving this merge conflicts from SourceTree itself? Similar to what GitHub Released today.
FYI, https://blog.github.com/2018-11-14-github-desktop-1-5/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.