I've recently upgraded to Crowd 3.0.0 and upon starting crowd, crowd fully loads but shortly after it gives the error:
ERROR [atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher] Scheduled job with ID 'com.atlassian.crowd.manager.cluster.ClusterSafetyManager-checkSafety' failed
java.lang.RuntimeException: The Crowd database (jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/crowd) is being updated by another instance. The instance IP is 127.0.0.1. Please make sure all the instances connected to this database are Data Center instances and have clustering enabled.
I have a single server deployment, not a clustered deployment. I did find an article on Confluence that has a similar issue but the resolutions weren't helpful to Crowd.
I also note that I'm connecting via localhost in my database strings, but that is giving the instance IP of 127.0.01...of course both of those are the same. I tried updating my connection string to replace localhost with 127.0.0.1 in case there was an issue there, but either way I get the same error (the difference being localhost above is replaced with 127.0.0.1).
This seems to be a situation where the Crowd Server is blocking itself, but I'm not sure where to go or how to troubleshoot.