I got this error when trying to committ changes with SourceTree:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags --set-upstream origin master:master
Pushing to https://XXXXX@bitbucket.org/XXXXX/XXXXX.git
To https://bitbucket.org/XXXXX/XXXXX.git
! [rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://XXXXX@bitbucket.org/XXXXX/XXXXX.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because a pushed branch tip is behind its remote
hint: counterpart. Check out this branch and integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g. 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
I'm sure it has something to do with me switching laptops and trying to set up SourceTree on the new laptop.
At this point everything I need is saved off to the remote repository, and I would be happy to just start completely from scratch, with a fresh setup from the remote respository. Just basically erase everything local, and get it all from the remote source.
Any hints on how to do that?
Thanks.