In SourceTree, I'm getting the "fatal: Authentication failed for..." error when I try to Push/Pull from origin.
The Git terminal from SourceTree asks for my username/password and, when I enter it, it works correctly (I'm able to do a push/pull anyway). However, nothing I've tried will allow me to use the push/pull buttons in SourceTree. I've updated my Git username every place I've been able to see something that resembles a username, I've gone to Tools > Options > Authentication > [My Account] and set the password (which is a private access token).
I saw a similar question that mentioned "There is a SourceTree Application password stored in the login keychain." But I have no idea what the login keychain is or how I can fix it in SourceTree.
Details:
- SourceTree version 2.1.10.0
- Git version 2.7.0
- Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
- origin server is Visual Studio Team Services
I'm not sure why it stopped working (I haven't changed my VSTS password and all my private access tokens are still valid), but I seem to recall an odd password box that popped up a week or so ago that I believe came from SourceTree. I might have entered the wrong password, but didn't see any problems at that time (I haven't pushed/pulled since then, so wouldn't have seen any problems until today).
What am I missing?