git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch originfatal: unable to access 'https://git.abc.com/iis/App-Server.git/': error:14077410:SSL routines:SL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failureCompleted with errors with errors, see above.
i tried change the security protocols TLS 1.1 and 1.2 and turning on ssl3 and then off but nothing yet.
runing version 2.1.10.0 under windows 2012r2
thanks
Hi! That could be related to this OpenSSL bug. They mentioned the bug was introduced with OpenSSL v1+, can you check if that's the version you have, go back to a previous one and see if the error disappears? This was documented at Git clone fails with SSL routines.
If you're still having issues, and for troubleshooting purposes, can you try to do the operations using the terminal (instead of SourceTree) and let us know if you're also getting that error?
Best regards,
Ana
IF i try to "open in terminal" option it opens an cmd and then closes it. im unable to catch any errors.
the ssleay32.dll version is 1.0.2d
the libeay32.dll version is 1.0.2d
they are both under the AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\mingw32\bin folder.
if I remove / rename the entire install of atlassian and then do a fresh install should it not install the lastest version of these?
leaving sourcetree...to bad it was nice while it lasted.
all the same information to connect to my git server works under VS code.
Hi!This morning I "stumbled" into the same problem, that i couldn't connect to our repository due to that damn SSL handshake failure.A quick internet search has led me to this page, but I was glad to fix the issue as it also occurred after re-installing Sourcetree and trying to connect to our repository via the terminal.I installed a more recent version of GIT (2.14.1) and it worked again.Best Regards,Benny
I was able to solve it by running
git config --list --show-origin
and then seeing that I had a line:
file:c:/Users/user/.gitconfig http.sslversion=sslv3
I edited the file, c:/Users/user/.gitconfig, and deleted the line [http] and the line sslversion=sslv3 and that fixed it for me. Reinstalling git and source tree do not remove the config file, so they don't help.
I had the same issue after Bitbucket dropped TLS 1.0 and 1.1 support at the beginning of December 2018. The issue was fixed by manually upgrading the embedded git used within SourceTree (from Tools > Options > Git: Update Embedded button within the Git Version group) which is the git that the program was using.
Thanks a lot, Benjamin, after installing the latest version of GIT error get resolved
I am yet using version 1.8.3.0 of source tree.
While following your steps and trying to update Embedded Git, I got an error.
But what I only did is, changed the System Git by Embedded Git (Click On button 'Use Embedded Git') and now it is working.
I have this problem now with sourcetree (dec 3rd 2018). "Git Update Embedded" in Sourcetree did not fix it.
I managed to fix my issue by
A. Updating Sourcetree (to 1.9)
B. Go to "Tools > Options > Git" and selecting "Use System Git" instead of "Use Embedded Git".
I don't know if the Sourcetree update had anything to do with the issue being fixed. Probably not...
Perform the following steps:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.