Source Tree is now extremely slow to detect changes in the files for a project.
I have noted that both remote changes and local file changes are much slower to be detected thatn previously.
Anyone else feel me?
Hi Ryan! Which kind of changes did you notice to go slower? Can you check what is the time you have set in the preferences for SourceTree to check for updates in the repos?
Also, remember to provide which SourceTree version and OS are you using so we can troubleshoot this issue better.
Best regards,
Ana
Im using Version 2.1.10.0 on Windows 10. I have 13 Repo Tabs active
Its only since the update i have noticed a change i often get checkins that dont include all changed files, left over files are detected after commit.
Similar happens to all of my team.
Hi Ana,
+1 for me with this issue. Also version 2.1.10.0, since my machine updated on Friday (18 Aug 2017).
Windows 10 64-bit 1703 (build 15063.540)
When I make a change to my working copy, SourceTree basically doesn't seem to notice until I hit F5 to refresh, when the change is instantly picked up. Before the recent update SourceTree would see changes effectively instantly (when switching to the app, and once I had checked the "refresh when application is not in focus" even when I didn't; both "refresh automatically" and "refresh when not in focus" are currently checked).
A UI action, like e.g. staging a changed file also triggers an instant refresh.
NB nothing to do with remote repos.
Let me know if I can give any more info, or do anything else.
Cheers!
Richard
anything happening here?
I am having this issue as well on 2.3.1.0
Nice tip about using F5. I never realised this works.
This is still a problem .... i basically have to press F5 before every operation in source tree ....
Hi everyone! I've talked to our developer team about this issue and they told me they're currently looking into this and that you might expect an improvement shortly
Please bear with us in the meantime!
Regards,
I was just wondering whether this issue is resolved or not as I am still seeing this issue in the latest version i.e. 2.6.3
Thank you.
I had some manual steps to go through that resolved the issue for me. They involved wiping the SourceTree system preferences. There is an article on it here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html?_ga=2.206666195.1917284695.1513028945-696256451.1497923713
This worked for me. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't affect these files.
Dylan,
yes I have tried that option (deleting preferences) too but the issue is still occurring.
Thank you - F5 works well
This issue is affecting me too. Really started slowing down when I updated. On 2.7.1 for Mac.
Refresh (cmd-R) is a lifesaver but it's still really a slowdown on the workflow. Fix for this is important.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.