Hi, I use
- Bamboo 6.0 (hosted on a 64-bit Windows 10 machine)
- Git 2.13
- SourceTree 2 (I use GitFlow plugin)
- Git remote repository: Bitbucket Cloud and GitLab with Git LFS 2
- Visual Studio 2017 for C++ Win32 applications
This is a scenario that I want;
1. Bamboo checks the Git remote repository and pulls the latest commit.
(Most of the commits are pushed to the develop branch.)
2. If a build fails, a branch is created from the latest commit and it is pushed to the remote repository.
For instance, Bamboo detects a failed build after polling the commits from GitLab or Bitbucket. Then, Bamboo creates "BAM-PROJKEY-101" branch and pushes it to the remote repository so the developer can pull the branch to solve the problem.
3. The developer commits codes to the newly created branch and merges it back to the develop branch.
/***************/
In short, Is this branch creating feature possible with Bamboo 6 when using remote repositories such as Bitbucket Cloud / GitLab / SVN / Perforce?
-Best regards, Young Kwang, Kim