Our current workflow involves our devs creating feature branches for each new feature from JIRA. When a change is committed, Bamboo creates a new branch build plan for the new branch. This runs, tests and creates artifacts. I need to be able to deploy these, but to create a deployment plan, I need to specify a branch... manually...
Ideally, when bamboo creates a branch build plan, I should be able to specify if I want a deployment plan for that branch.
Is there a way to do this currently. For front end developers, we want deploy to an nginx server which is configured to handle a domain from the master branch and subdomains from feature branches.
This part is all working. It just doesn't trigger the deploy on successful build plan completion. With the introduction of containerisation, it is possible to simultaneously deploy multiple branches which are uniquely referenceable. Unfortunately, it appears that Bamboo does not agree, insisting that a single environment can only have a single branch deployed at any one time, and that all deployments should come from the deployment (master) branch. This simply is not the case any more.
Am I missing something here, or is it just not possible. I was lead to believe that the latest 6.1 upgrade would resolve this. I have upgraded, and it appears to have broken a lot of existing deployments.