In response to the ongoing problem users have to implement plan branches with multiple repos: here, I am looking into the possibility of creating a custom task that addresses part of the problems we face, by basically providing a smarter "Source Code Checkout" Task. The behavior of the task would checkout the same branch (the current plan branch) across all repositories, and default to a user-specified value if the branch does not exist. This would vastly improve our workflow, and allow us to limp along without remembering to add and configure separate scripts inside each plan, that is until Atlassian actually implements a fix for this desperately needed feature.
However, to even get started, I cannot seem to find the example code for tasks, as it looks like the repo has been removed or deleted. See the following, scroll down to "Example Code"
https://developer.atlassian.com/bamboodev/bamboo-tasks-api
Does anyone know where the examples went?
Also, does anyone see any showstoppers with this approach? I do not have any plans to implement merging, as I assume this would need to be done at a level higher up than a task. I'm only interested in automating the checkout side first.
Kind regards,
Brad