Is there a way? So when looking at the Board, you can instantly know who created the card.
Hi all,
I have achieved this by by adding the butler rule:when a card is added to list "Incoming Requests" by anyone, add member @{username} to the cardIf you write {username} into the field rather than a particular user it appears to work - hope this helps!
Hey Michael
There's not a way to have Trello automatically assign you to a card that you create., however if you tap the space bar when hovered over a card, it will assign you to the card as a shortcut
Thanks for this tip..
It would be nice to have this feature in the near future. It's aweful as a trelloboard-leader to assign members to the cards they made for themselves, and it'd be easier to see firsthand, wo created them (for summary meetings e.g.)
I agree! It would be very nice-to-have feature
I have a rule in Butler that every time I create a card I am added, but I don't know if it will work for multiple people on a team?
Chiming in on this. We use Trello as a bug and feature request submit/tracking tool and this would automate away a tedious task. Currently, we dump Trello card creations into Slack, where it's reported who created it. PM then assigns that person to the card at first moment of consideration, to keep them updated.
As the username of the creator is posted to Slack, this would be a quick fix, wouldn't it? The easiest might be to expose the {{cardcreator}} variable to Butler, like the {{cardname}} already is.
I would personally categorize this as a "should-have" and not a "nice-to-have" as larger Trello boards quickly get messy since busy humans rarely remember to add themselves to a card while creating it.
@Rachel we tried this with Butler as well but seems like you can only set up a rule like this for yourself. There's too much work to get the entire org to set Butler up like that. As mentioned exposing {{cardcreator}} should make it possible.
Agree this is a "should have" and not a "nice to have". It's kind of ridiculous that it's not already a possibility. You'd expect it to be a behavior available by default.
This worked for me, thanks James! Hopefully Trello add this as an option outside of this rule workaround...
In the lack of an "acccepted answer" functionality like in StackOverflow, please see @James ' answer below. That worked for me as well!
E.g. the {cardcreator} I'm mentioning here is already available as @{username}
Already available per answer by @James below. The @{username} variable with Butler ("add person to card") will do exactly as requested.
Worked for me too! Thanks so much!
Great workaround, thanks!
+1 for should be a native feature.
+1 for native option
This is exactly what I needed! I know how to create an automation to add me during card creation, but what I needed was a way to quickly add me to a bunch of cards that were already created.... this did the trick in about 20 seconds! Thanks so much Matthew!!
Nevermind, I was wrong in my info.
I can see this is an old thread. We'd need this, too. Has this been implemented now as a board-wide option that can be integrated into a template?
Yes, you don't need Butler anymore. Just create a rule (under Automations):
when a card is added to the board by anyone, add member @{username} to the card
@Joseph Nichols when my colleague creates a card, she is autmatically added and unfortunatelly there is a red bell on the card as well, which is very anoying and she must reopen and close the card... Is there any possibility to get rid of this notification ? we both have switched off any notif, but it resists to any of visible steps...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.