Hi ,
I am getting error with git while pulling. Here are the steps I have followed.
But I need to push reverse to GIT and it does not allow and get below error:- = [up to date] post_patch2_merge -> post_patch2_merge
! [rejected] Release2.2 -> Release2.2 (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'w028@git.com.au:/app/git-repos/salesforce/newco.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind
hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.
hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
Completed with errors, see above
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree fetch origin
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree pull --no-commit origin Release2.2
You have not concluded your merge (MERGE_HEAD exists).
Please, commit your changes before you can merge.
Can you help please?
I think the problem is your pull failed to merge automatically and went to conflict state. And the conflict wasn't resolved properly before the next pull.
1) Undo the merge and pull again.
To undo a merge:
git merge --abort
2) Resolve the conflict.
3) Don't forget to add and commit the merge.
4) git pull now should work fine.
git pull
good luck!
SreeKumar,
Can you please confirm if I need to do below step by UI
image2015-5-11 12:44:21.png
Thanks for your response. I am on Mac and not using command line. How I can do using UI.
You should only do that if you've resolved all conflicts.
It looks like your actual question has been pretty well addressed, but your life will be easier if you and the other developers work on separate feature branches.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.