I'm a tech writer, not a programmer, and my understanding of source control is limited. We use SourceTree to work with our documentation projects in a GIT repo on a TFS server. It works well. Recently I have made a bunch of changes to a score or more of files in a documentation project, but this work is suddenly on hold indefinitely. They aren't harming anything, but I have to wade through these unstaged changes in order to find new changes I want to stage and commit. It gets old. I suppose maybe this is what branches are for, but we have not used branches and I wouldn't want to start now if it isn't absolutely necessary. I see that you can "stash" changes that have already been staged. What about unstaged changes? Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to get these changes out of my (Working Copy) Unstaged Files pane? Or should I just live with them. Or learn to branch?
TIA
-Matt