Using basic authentication the error is:unexpected character encountered while parsing value: T. Path ",line0, position 0.
Hi Nancy! Can you elaborate your description a bit more so we can help you with this? Please let us know:
Best regards!
Ana
I've figured it out. Bitbucket.org won't take a user name any longer. Now it wants an email address. Ok, did that. However, when I try to login through sourcetree it seems to want to use my username. I kept trying to put my email address in there like bitbucket.org insists on. So the issue is solved for me, but this is weirdly inconsistent and confusing.
Hi,
I have the same issue. Have tried username and email already, but no success, get the same error regardless of the login name variant.
I use Sourcetree 3.3.7 on Windows 10. Have an SSH key and use Basic authentication method. And I use Bitbucked Cloud.
@Pavel Did you get a solution to this as one of my 2 computers has started having the same error?
@Ana Retamal Can you provide an official solution to this error message Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: T.Path '', line 0, position 0.?
I am getting the same problem and an a more meanigful error message and how to resolve the sitution would assist. I've tried all combinations of username and email, HTTP and SSH and tried logging out and it again as per the previous post without no success.
I am trying to set up a App password using the instructions on this page https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/app-passwords/
When try to complete the step: Enter the app password you just created as your Password. If you're on Windows, you'll need hit Refresh Password first.
I do so and I get this error:
Any assistance appreciated.
I am getting the same error and none of the suggestions provided in this community are working:
.
I had the same error because I enabled two-step verification. To overcome this issue you have 2 options:
1- disable two-step verification (not recommended).
2- create an app password and use this password to login in sorcetree.
Steps to create an app password:
1- go to bitbucket, click on your avatar
2- choose personal settings
3- go to app passwords. choose create app password.
4- choose the permission associate with this password.
5- copy the generated password and use it to login in sourcetree (please take care that the password will be shown only in this step and you can't get it again).
This solved it for me.
I had this same error; and after several hours this is what fixed it (major thanks to user TrainLayout for step 3 and 5):
Hopefully this should fix things.
EDIT: Another potential cause of this, is that when you copy+paste the password, you're accidentally including some additional hidden characters. I recommend pasting the password into Notepad, then copying it out of Notepad and into the password field to "scrub" any hidden characters out.
thanks Mohamed this solved the issue.
I solved this same issue by removing $ and # characters from my password.
can't login into sourcetree for bitbucket - failing with these "encountered while parsing value"... due to special character in passwords? Really?
Thanks! It works
If Mr. Plotkin was in my town I'd buy him some beers. After not reading his steps carefully I then followed them letter by letter & it worked.
NOTE: Step 2......As mentioned, THE NEW APP PASSWORD NAME MUST BE ALL LOWER CASE!!!
This works, thank you!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was losing my mind trying to get this sorted out. This was exactly what I needed.
On bitbucket.org go to left panel and click Personal Preference. In Left panel then click App Passwords. Create your password.
Go back to SourceTree and in the SourcePath paste "https://USERNAME:APP_PASSWORD@bitbucket.org/workspaceID/reposlug.git". Where USERNAME is your bitbucket username and the APP_PASSWORD is the password you have generated in previous step.
This worked on my Windows, after 2h fight
Thanks Michal, now it works fine!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.