I have a .NET Solution with 3 Projects and the following references:
SOLUTION1
PROJECT1
reference project2
reference log4net
PROJECT2
PROJECT3
In Bamboo under: Build Plan -> Repositories -> Change Detection Options,
I can specify a file pattern to detect for commit changes to the repo (ie. ^project1.*) meaning build Solution1 if there are any check ins to files under the Project1 folder.
However, what if there was a change to Project2, which is something that is referenced by Project1? I would like to build the solution and run the tests but I don't know how to do that without looking for commits under the entire Solution at all times, which would mean any check in would trigger the build.
For example, if I have a build plan for Project1, I don't want the entire solution to build if there is a check in on Project3 which is not referenced by anything else.
Thanks