I have been using SourceTree for a while and suddently it will not launch anymore. I have tried to uninstall and install the newest version SourceTree 2.1.2.5 but I got an error during the install. Looking though the SquirrelSetup log it seems the program got installed and the installer crashed when trying to create shortcuts.
When I try to run SourceTree it seems like nothing happens and in the SourceTree log i get the following error messsage:
ERROR [2017-07-10 15:34:32,022] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error in the DLL (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800401F9 (CO_E_ERRORINDLL))
at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreatePimcManager()
at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreateResetEvent(IntPtr& handle)
at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadWorker..ctor()
at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadPool.GetPenThreadForPenContextHelper(PenContext penContext)
at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispTabletDeviceCollection.UpdateTabletsImpl()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispTabletDeviceCollection.UpdateTablets()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispTabletDeviceCollection..ctor()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispLogic.get_WispTabletDevices()
at System.Windows.Input.StylusWisp.WispLogic.RegisterHwndForInput(InputManager inputManager, PresentationSource inputSource)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndStylusInputProvider..ctor(HwndSource source)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.Initialize(HwndSourceParameters parameters)
at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
at SourceTree.Utils.GeneralHelper.DownloadFile(String url, String destLocation, IInteractionsManager interactionsManager, IWebManager webManager, IDispatcher dispatcher, IRepoProcessFactory repoProcessFactory, INotificationsManager notificationsManager, String extractLocation)
at SourceTree.Download.DefaultDownloadManager.DownloadFile(String url, String downloadDestination, String extractionDestination)
at SourceTree.Dvcss.Extensions.CustomGcmExtension.DownloadAndInstall(IDvcs dvcs)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
I have tried repairing .Net framework adn uninstalling SourceTree and removing C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SourceTree, C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\SourceTree and C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Atlassian