My team and I are relatively new to git and sourcetree.
We have Bitbucket Server hosting the remote repositories.
In the commit pane, my colleagues see my username and email as the commit author - presumably because I've set up all of of our repos.
When we tried to change that by inputting different name and email in the Repository Settings menu (Repository > Repository Settings > Advanced), that worked for my colleague, but now I see him as the commit author in my sourcetree. "Use Global user Settings" is not checked on.
I must be missing something fundamental here, we have each installed Sourcetree and used our jira / bitbucket credentials during the installation process.
Questions:
1) Why are our individaul usernames not the default commit author for each of us when committing?
2) Is something being overridden ?
3) Does it matter that the repo URL contains my username?
4) How do we get set up so that each developer will always be the commit author for any commits they make in any repo we have?
I have even linked bitbucket with sourcetree through some menu I can't find now, but this didn't change anything.
Thanks for your help.