Hi All,
I am building a webform and have auto authentication using CROWD once authenticated I need to get that users email. Can someone point me towards the right direction on how would I go getting users email.
Thank you.
Hi, Andrej.
You should be able to retrieve the user details by running a get call against this URL:
http://YOUR-CROWD-SERVER:8095/crowd/rest/usermanagement/1/user?username=USERNAME
To authenticate the call you need to use the Crowd application name and its password, not your user's credentials.
Depending on the version of Crowd you're using, you can retrieve this info from the <crowd-home>/crowd.properties file:
application.nameapplication.password
application.name
application.password
Note that this will not retrieve only the e-mail address, but you should be able to parse the results (even with a grep in a Unix terminal) and filter only the email address. I hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions.
- Mallmann
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.