Hi,
In Sourcetree when I go to Tool, Options, Authentication tab and try to delete an account that account is not deleted from the list.
Hi Antonis, can you let us know which version of SourceTree and OS are you using? Can you also tell us which account are you trying to delete (Bitbucket Cloud, Bitbucket Server, etc...)?
Best regards!
Ana
Hi Ana,
Using SourceTree v2.1.2.5 in Windows 10 x64 Pro
I am trying to delete a github account.
Thanks
I'm running 2.1.2.5 on Windows 7 Enterprise (x64) and trying to delete two different Bitbucket accounts (both point to the same local instance that no longer exists), with the same issue.
The window refreshes/all panels close, but the account continues to stay.
I am having the same issue with SourceTree 2.1.2.5 on Windows 10 when trying to delete a GHE account.
Hi Antonis, James, P.There is a bug in the current, 2.1.2.5 release when trying to delet some credentials from the 'Saved Passwords' list in Tools/Options/Authentication tab. There is a fix going through Beta testing at the moment.You can work around this currently by deleting entries from the Windows Vault, using Win-Key typing windows credential manager and deleting the relevant entries that are prefixed by 'git:'If it is a problem deleting from the 'Accounts' list then that sounds like a different/new issue.
Hi Michael,
I did as you said and successfully removed the account from Credentials Manager. I restarted PC account is gone from Credentials Manager but not from Source Tree. I can still see the account in SourceTree
i am tried the same option but if i make other account as default what ever deleted account is coming up again and not able to make the other one as default.
can you please help me asap
Any update on this one?
Version 2.3.1 has fixes which will help during deletion of some accounts.
I'm on 2.4.8.0 and still not able to delete saved accounts from Tools > Options > Authentication
I also got the problem. Something wrong with new version?
I was able to delete them all from the windows credential manager but later i had to delete it again and it worked. I think maybe "Accounts" delete but "Reset Saved Passwords" don't. I haven't confirmed this though
Sourcetree Version 2.4.8.0 (Feb 2018) Win 10 (latest build), 64bit Still having massive issue with Authentication - Unable to delete any account that uses REST and having to resort to Windows Vault for manual deletion. Completely unable to use GitHub personal tokens to work (https or ssh) - with or without 2FA turned on. Will not work on either of my Win 10 machines. (GitHub 2FA tokens working fine on my colleagues Mac's and I'm following the exact same process.)
I'm very familiar with 2FA, tokens, Oauth, and using public/private keys across a myriad of systems and OS's. So whilst I'm allowing for an element of pebcak, I suspect it's not all me.So far have wasted 4 hours attempting to get 2FA to work with Github (mandated by my client)
(Basic authentication works fine)
HiCan you check that you are using a version of Git >= 2.16? GitHub removed TLS 1.1 and 1.1 support recently and the Git Credential Manager that ships with Git for Windows had to be updated to v1.14.0 to cope. This ships with Git 2.16 or higherhttps://githubengineering.com/crypto-removal-notice/
@minnseySourcetree 2.4.8.0Embedded Git on one of my Win10 was 2.11Using 'Update Embedded Git' button will only update it to PortableGit-2.15.1.2The download path is;https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/PortableGit-2.15.1.2My other win10 was already Embedded Git 2.15.1 and will not update any further.
My alternative is to use a system git - which last time I used a system Git with Sourcetree it caused me no end of grief and I had to uninstall everything and start again.(Footnote: I know. Windows is a complete PIA to develop for)
HiThe next release will update the embedded version to 2.16+ but everything should work OK with a System Git setting? What errors were you seeing?
I just signed up to write that I still have this bug in 2025.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.