We have deployment plans (NOT BUILD PLANS!) that a user may want to cancel for whatever reason. When the user presses the cancel button, there doesn't appear any way to capture that fact during the Deployment process. We'd like to then do something after a user cancels a deployment. For background, we have a custom-made deployment mechanism that handles deployments asynchronously. Namely:
- Send Deployment product to server
- Poll server endpoing to see when deployment is "done"
- Report success/failure
The problem is that if the end user clicks, in Bamboo, "cancel", we'd like to then send a "cancel deployment" command to the deployment mechanism (simple REST call does the trick). However, I can't seem to find anything like "final" tasks in the Deployment stack, or any variables that suggest that the deployment was manually cancelled. Is there a way to capture that some how? I can't figure out what Bamboo does to the active running tasks on the Deployment side (issue a kill -N signal that I could trap in a script?) when you cancel an active deployment.
Note - this is for DEPLOYMENT PLANS, not BUILD PLANS.