I'm kicking off a new project, it's my first real agile project. Right now we have 4 epics. One of them is "Account System". Under that, I have a few stories like "As a user I need to be able to login". Each of the stories has sub-tasks like "Design login page", "Create Account Database", etc.
One of my problems is that I'm using JIRA and sub-tasks do not show up on the backlog. In general, I just don't know how granular to be. What would everyone recommend to categorize the "Account login" scenario? (Here is a breakdown of some example tasks)
└ Account System
└ "As a user I need to Login"
├ Design login screen
│ └ Add "save password" checkbox
└ Design account tablesI'm starting to think the story needs to be the epic and the two design tasks need to be "tasks" with the checkbox as a sub-task. This would mean a lot more epics. I assume that's okay?
Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.