I installed atlassian-crowd-2.12.0 on Redhat Linux 7.3. I followed the steps in Atlassian Documentation for Installing Crowd. Completed Step 3 Connecting Crowd to a Database, MYSQL.
Downloaded JDBC driver for MYSQL file: mysql-connector-java-5.1.42-bin.jar and copied to the folder: /opt/atlassian/crowd/atlassian-crowd-2.12.0/apache-tomcat/lib
In Set up Wizard, Database configuration I have these values:
Driver Class name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
JDBC URL: jdbc:mysql://IP-Address/crowd?autoReconnect=true&characterEncoding=utf8&useUnicode=true
User Name: root
When I click Continue it gives error:
Could not connect to the database: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
Looking at catalina.out it is trying to connect to database with user root@hostname-of-Crowd-web-server.
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'hostname-of-Crowd-web-server' (using password: YES)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:964)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3973)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3909)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:873)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.proceedHandshakeWithPluggableAuthentication(MysqlIO.java:1710)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1226)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2194)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:2045)
... 128 more
2017-06-15 07:43:32,840 http-bio-8095-exec-7 ERROR [console.action.setup.Database] Unable to connect to database: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
Please help resolve !
Thank You
NP