Hi all,
When I go to https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ and use what is there I eventually get to windows installer download which claims it is of version 2.0.20.1 and there is not a single information to it .... there are not any release notes explaining what is new in there.
When I install it and run it it tells me that there are updates available !! where there is no information about such version on the web and also it provides release notes on what is new. Supprisingly enough the version I have just downloaded from the web, the very same version which notifies me about the update. is not mentioned in the release notes even if it is a final minor change on that major version. Instead of that it jumps directly to to a major/minor release of 2.1.0.2 which suprisingly is not available at the webpage and even continues describing releases up to 2.1.2.5 where there is also no word about it at the web page.
This kind of raises a lot of questions like:
1/ where is this version available from ?
2/ why it is not mentioned at official webpage ? 3/ is it connection to somewhat hacked repository where backdored versions are available ?
4/ In case I'm working in a compeny where there are policies about software installations and software used in the comapny needs to be repackaged - where I'm supposed to get original packages of these versions ?
5/ I don't remember requesting installation of development versions of SourceTree - and if there was I cannot see any option to turn it of (besides "Don't promp me about new sourcetree installation." which is not exactly the same)
Such behaviour might be cool for teen developers but not so much in the responsible adult world.
Is here please anyone who may explain the updates of SourceTree to me please?