I'm new to Trello, and just deleted a card that I really really didn't want to delete. Is there any way of accessing deleted cards?
If you actually archived it, you can recover it from your archived list. However if you truly deleted it, that's a non recoverable action.
Big bummer. I hope they might consider making a recoverable trash bin for these times. Oy. Thanks for the confirmation of my suspicion.
+1 the trash bin for deleted cards.
Someone on our team deleted a card by mistake, now we cannot recover it, that's really sad
The best solution for this is to integrate Slack power-up and set up alerts for any changes you do. You will have the history of that card on Slack along with all the description, checklists, actions you did.
Really saved my life today!
I deleted a card and it was lost for good. However by going to the Board's Activity log, I was able to see all of the transactions to the card that I lost going back quite a while. I was able to get all of the info I had lost, and recreate the card. It's not quite as good as recovering what was deleted, but at least it's better than a complete loss.
Hello, could you let me know how to do it?
I recommend the Backups for Trello Power-Up so you can "undo" things like accidental deletions in the future.
Hi.
Go to the board of the card you want recovered. From the menu select Activity. (I found this easier to do on my cell phone using the '...' menu. I'm sure you can do it on a laptop/PC, it just wasn't as clear to me.) Once you've selected Activity it will show you each of the transactions that have occurred on that Board, including all of the line items from a card that was deleted. You can create a new card and manually re-enter the missing data. This is a laborious task depending on how much info was on the card. For me the data was so critical that it was worth the effort to manually recreate it.
Good luck!
Thank you so much
I thought I had been writing into the card and then I realized, that the textfield was not in focus and therefore I must have hit a key that was a shortcut for deleting the card... now it is gone.. That was a lot of work..
PS: oh I had only archieved it. I got it back. thank god!!
"Lets release it as it is, the undo button will enter soon! I promise!"
"Jhon, server side programmer, Atlassian, 6/2002".
FYI you need to bookmark this
https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/recovering-the-description-or-card-title-that-was-changed/
+1 for the trash bin 😭😭😭
Best solution is to drop their outdated apps, too many bugs and im sure better stuff is on the market by now, that does not delete your boards, when you do not want them to. 5-6 years since the issue was replied by a "programmer" nothing has happened since that. So choosing another company, might be best solution, and not worth losing data over this, by using their product, that cannot really do much more than some glorified post its.
Adding this for future readers, since this thread is still receiving activity years after it was created.
Before giving up, check the affected board’s Activity log around the time the card was deleted. It may contain enough information to manually reconstruct parts of the card, although comments, attachments, and field values may be incomplete.
The key distinction is archive versus delete: archived cards can be restored, but deleted cards are permanently removed from Trello.
For future protection, an independent backup can retain historical copies and recreate deleted cards. ProBackup takes daily snapshots and can restore individual cards with their descriptions, comments, attachments, checklists, labels, members, and custom-field values.
Though it cannot recover anything deleted before backups were enabled (we often get requests about this)
Disclosure: I work on ProBackup.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.