As of a few days ago, I can't fetch a remote's branches anymore or rather, they do not display. Steps to reproduce:
- add a new remote
- remote shows up in the left sidebar
- right-click and "fetch from <remote-name>"
- branches do not display in sidebar
- however, I do see them appear in the history view
Some similarly weird thing is going on if I then remove that remote, the branches are not removed from history view. Steps to reproduce:
- in left sidebar, right-click on <remote-name> and select "remove <remote-name>"
- remote disappears from sidebar
- branches from remote are still visible in history view
If I go into my ".git/refs/remotes/<remote-name>" folder, I see all its branches still in there, like the History view shows. Clearly, they are not getting deleted. I can remove them manually from the Finder, which then properly reflects in the History view, but it should be working from the UI. And it used to.
At the time I was still on SourceTree v2.2.4 and thought that might have been a bug. Didn't remember when I updated it last. So I installed the update to 2.3 with the same issue still. I downgraded a couple versions to v2.2.1 to which I'm certain that it worked with before and I'm still seeing the same issue. Apparently, it's not directly version related. - The only thing I can remember recently doing is installing some npm-modules to that repo. I don't think that this would have any effect but who knows.
Has anyone run into this issue before or has a suggestion on how to resolve this?