I am a bit confused about what Crowd does for me.
Most of my other "locally installed products" support windows integrated single sign on as part of the product.
Once properly configured, I do not need to sign into my internally hosted sites like Octopus Deploy, Team City etc. I can just click a link on the login page that say something like "Sign in with your Microsoft Windows Domain account". I click that and I am signed in. (I do not have to enter my domain credentials into those sites.)
But JIRA does not seem to have that 'In the Box" so we got Crowd. But, from what I have read recently, Crowd only provides integration between Atlassian products? (I am confused why the Atlassian products need to sell a separate product just so they can integrate...)
So, is the ability to just sign in to my Windows machine and then use those credentials not part of Jira?
I have read of some plugins that seem to offer this feature for extra money. But, since windows integration has been a free part of so many other products I have used, and since I had to buy a separate product to get "single sign on"... well I just found it hard enough to believe that this is not part of Crowd already that I thought I would ask before looking into a 3rd party solution.