I'm fairly new to JIRA, as well as Linux, so naturally I'm having a heck of a time getting Fisheye to start up automatically after the server is rebooted. I'd like Fisheye to autostart so I can avoid having to run the "start.sh" script manually each time.
I initially submitted a ticket with Atlassian support, but they recommended I come here since they don't have extensive documentation on my particular issue.
Right now I'm running Fisheye 2.10 and Redhat 5. I did find a startup script at the following link: http://docs.servicerocket.com/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+set+up+Fisheye+to+start+at+system+boot
but this is not working. After some testing I realized that the process the script calls, fisheyectl.sh, only runs successfully if I'm logged in as root. This tells me that the user fisheye, which is what the autostart script runs as, does not have permissions to run fisheyectl.sh. I've tried giving fisheye ownership permissions to the script and the entire Atlassian home folder (where .sh scripts are), but I still cannot even run fisheyectl.sh manually unless I'm the root.
So right now the core issue is that I am unable to run fisheyectl.sh, which starts up Fisheye, unless I'm logged in as root, which causes the autostart script to not work since that runs as the "fisheye" user.
I'm looking for any suggestions at this point. You wouldn't think getting the program to autostart would be so difficult, but then again it's Linux.
Thank you,
Logan