I recently upgraded from bamboo 5.9 to 6.0 and ran into a strange problem with one of the (outdated) plugins.
Here is the plugin in question: https://bitbucket.org/dehringer/bamboo-newrelic-plugin/overview
Here is the stack trace: https://pastebin.com/hxBJt3NH
After much tinkering this is what I found:
- This only fails on remote agents (windows and linux). Local agents, the plugin works fine.
- Prior to the upgrade, the plugin had a similar, but funcational result. getNameForSentence() function on a TriggerReason object would return 'null' as a string, but not a null pointer.
- getNameForSentence() function on a TriggerReason object returns a null pointer (obvious from the stack strace). However, getName() and getKey() work just fine
- getNameForSentence() returns a string along the lines of "was <trigger type or reason> by <user name>".
Given I can't see the source (that I know of), I don't know what other information/attributes/methods getNameForSentence() is trying to use, and failing just on the remote agents. If I had to guess, based on the result string, the user that triggered the event is unavailable to the remote agent.