Using ST v2.5.1 on Mac OS 10.12.5 connecting to a private git server through ssh. Every operation to/from the server requires I enter my password in the pop-up dialog, twice. I have read through all the support articles I can find and none of the solutions/work-rounds work for me.
The remote URL is of the form myuser@myserver.tld:path/to/origin
I have tried embedded Git and switched ST to use System Git (2.13).Same behaviour using both.
I have carried out push/pull operations in Terminal
I have run ssh-keygen to create new keys
I have created an 'account' for the private URL and enterd my ssh credentials
I have set git config --global credential.helper osxkeychain in terminal
I have checked my keychain and there is no record for ST at the URL of the server. As there is no record I cannot set its permissions (one of the other things I have seen that worked for other people)
Does anyone have any other ideas? Atlassian even suggested that v2.5.x would fix this problem, but not it seems, for me.