When I click "Use existing account" it just hangs with the latest version of SourceTree. I can no longer use the product. Supposedly the web proxy that the company that I work for uses is causing the problem. Are there any workarounds for this?
Hi Patrick! Can you clarify exactly what happens when you click on Use existing account? I want to discard the possibility that you migh be affected by SRCTREEWIN-7001.
If this is not your case, you can try wiping the SourceTree preferences. If this doesn't solve your issue, let us know if this is happening on Windows or Mac and which SourceTree version are you using so we can continue helping you.
Cheers
Ana
Thank you for the response. I am having this issue on a computer that was reimaged by our IT department with a new developers enviornment after my computer was affected by a virus.I cannot get SourceTree start to a point where I can specify a new license that I generate via your web site. I don't think wiping preferences wil help since this was a first time installation on a computer that was completely reimaged.Other users at my location are having the same problem. Here is what my IT person said:"Other users have also reported this issue (Jason cc’d), it looks like Sourcetree may not be compatible with the Schneider Electric web proxy. We would need to either make a request Schneider security asking that the specific website and IP addresses used for this application are excluded from the proxy and a firewall rule created to allow direct access or contact Atlassian support to advise if their product is compatible with an authenticated web proxy and if so what needs to be done to make it work. "
I forgot to mention that this is happening on Windows 7.
On Monday I downloaded the latest SourceTree version 2. something.
I also have this problem, exactly as described by Lucas. I can get the https://id.atlassian.com/ to load in Google Chrome, but not in Internet Explorer.
When I press "Use an existing account" I get the same response as F G, just a blank window without the possibility to fill in or press anything.
Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7244The login process relies on IE, as this underpins the WF webview.
Workaround
At a minimum IE needs to be configured as follows:
Cog/Internet options/Security settings need to be enabled
These can be set using the F12 developer tools.
Those are the settings that matter. It should also be able to set them indirectly by:
wow great solution. Why to make such dependency which everyone face problem. You can see here how many people are facing problem just because of your dependency on IE which no one use now a days. and creating so many problems to update version as well as to install new new version.
in windows 7 when installing source tree in atlassian account when clicking use an existins account a blank screen coming and loading not opening
I'm too facing the same issue
We made it work by connecting the account using OAUTH and HTTPS, if I am not mistaken, and providing the password in Sourcetree not through the connect account menu.
I hope this helps. I think we were just lucky in making it work and we don't even want to try reproducing the steps lest we find ourselves back in blank window world.
More context:
We have several computers running macos and windows. We faced it in one macos computer with the exact same OS and sourcetree versions and others. We tried all the proposed solutions an nothing worked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.