Currently the offline mode is only available in our mobile apps. The desktop version via trello.com requires an active internet connection. I'll register your interest in this with our team.
I have the same problem. Sometimes, we have problems with internet connection, and all of my plans and programs on Trello are unavailable for me. I am completely freezed.
Is there any way to use Trello offline on Windows PC? Or even to enter my plans?
@Torben_trello is there any (approximate/ballpark) timeline on when offline functionality will be available on the Mac OS desktop version?
I'd love to see offline working on MacOS as well
@Torben_trelloI find offline functionality on desktops essential to continuing to use the service
Same request here. I need to pick an app for my company to work with, the fact that desktop version does not work off line is a downer. Kind of strange when the mobile app does. Is this going to be changed?
Same here!! Offline mode for my desktop is essential.
Almost 2 years since the request was made, any updates from Trello team ?? I find it absolutely meaningless that a desktop app can't be used once internet connection is lost or unstable!
I have never seen a productivity solution that makes itself unavailable like this! Please don't cite mobile apps because I just need the desktop app to fully take advantage of Trello.
We are waiting for your updates!
I work with a global team and am often in the air trying to follow up an dprepare for other aspects. Not having access on my desktop device means I'm really limited to what I can acheive especially when travelling can be up to 20 hours or more. And the cost of data in the air is prohibitive.
We need an offline version quickly otherwise I'll have to return to multiple applications which allow me to work offline.
Same for me. I'm commuting a lot and internet access is often shaky, so working offline and getting stuff sync as soon as being back online is a must have for.
Will look for a Trello alternative but actually would love to stick with Trello - if an offline mode would be supported.
Does anyone from Trello even care about this ridiculously trivial feature request ? The last message from the Trello team dated back to.. May 2017! Shall we start looking for an alternative that just fulfills this basic need ?!
My feeling is no. I haven't seen it discussed on any of the public boards they post to. Between this issue, the need to card sync and the need to make certain cards private on team boards, Trello has become a real source of frustration for me and is actually beginning to make my work even more complicated. I'm continuing to use the product, holding out hope that they will get it together, but at the same time I'm starting to shop for other options that might suit me better.
Any luck on an alternative? No offline is really issue for me.
I think I might have! I came across the app Notion a few days ago. It seems really promising and I was able to copy all of my boards over in a few minutes. That way I can test them out simultaneously.
I plan on playing with it in depth while I’m on vacation next week.
A few things I really like so far:
1. Offline functionality, both on my phone and laptop.
2. You have the ability to use either a card layout similar to Trello or an outline style like Todoist.
3. It seems like it will work really well with my google calendar and gmail. I’m hoping it works with Outlook and MS as my company is planning on switching in the future.
4. There don’t seem to be a ton of extra fees for additional features. I’m a Trello Gold member, but it’s frustrating af, to have a 3 power up limitation. I have 15+ boards which at most use 1 power up, but my main dashboard uses all 3 and I could easily use 3 more given the opportunity. Charging me extra to make my boards flow seamlessly when I’m already paying and i know they’ve no plans to help their customers is frustrating.
I will try to update later on! If anyone has an opinion about Trello vs Notion, please let me know!
Hello, please i am just waiting for an offline app for windows to be able to switch 100% to trello for my projects. I will gladly pay the offline app if i can use it without worry to have internet all the time.
I'm done waiting as well!
Something as simple as a desktop offline app....and these guys can't do it.
I'm again a commuter, in flight most of the time, and I find myself jotting tasks in notepad to wait to get back online to pass them to trello. How crazy is that in 2019!
In addition to that, my company policy doesn't allow Windows Store installs....moreover, if I want to use a privacy browser, I have to do 3-4 steps as part of the sign in before actually getting to my boards...
I'll be trying alternatives, despite most like i'll be losing many of the nice features of Trello like Google integrations etc...but waiting over 2-3 years?! that's just poor customer service and lack of tuning into your users/customers!
nothing much to add, i'm waiting an off-line / backup version.
I can't afford a trello sudden switch off, so I cannot serously operate on it
Trello team, is this really your official forum ? Do you even listen to this thread ? Is this how you treat your (potential) customers ?
I will try to get their attention in somewhere else. Because it's kind of important to me to have an offline option, i live in the country side, and i have not always wifi or 4G. But i still want to use Trello because i am building team on 3 projects. Please check your forum, and answer us.
+ waiting for the offline version
Even the Notion is not so pretty as Trello. Now, the offline mode works excellent. So I moved to it six months ago and till the Trello cannot work offline I will stay with notion.
What a pity. I like Trello so much.
But since Covid I have to often work on my laptop with sometimes unstable cellular connection and Trello loses sync not allowing me to create or edit cards.
It's 2020 already! There are service workers, Electron with behind-the-scene updates and god knows what else.
I'll look for alternatives
I'm astonished by the nonchalant attitude of those who are are supposed to listen to their customers on such a trivial feature request. Either they don't check their forum, or they simply do not care, taking things for granted. Meanwhile, this thread has turned into a lookout for alternatives.
Electron would be a great candidate, is it possible to transfer boards, lists and cards we have invested much time polishing them ?
Sorry, Electron is a technology to run web application on desktop OSes, like Windows. It would be easy for the Trello team to create desktop app with it that would work offline finely.
I found two recent articles on Trello alternatives, you can read them.
https://thedigitalprojectmanager.com/best-trello-alternatives-top-kanban-tools/
https://www.smartsheet.com/how-to-pick-the-best-trello-alternative
All paid.
I searched a lot of time. only NOTION is usable offline and for free for a few projects. They listen to the users on their forum. it is not perfect, but it works for me.
Luda
Currently working to pitch trello to my superiors, in order to apply all the great features you packed into this marvel of a tool, within a hospital/retirement home setting.Would do a whole world of good there, especially during the pandemic.Big hurdle for digital upgrades, like trello is sensitive data-protection.An offline-enabled Desktop app/payment plan, would clear a major roadblock.Anyway - keep it up and thanks for the great work!
Here's what Trello responded on a different thread in Oct 2020:
Michael Pryor Oct 04, 2020
We don’t have plans for offline mode on the desktop apps. iOS and Android do have offline mode.
When all complaints is said, it's time to get it done. Trello seemingly won't do it.
Someone gotta get electron.js and workbox to desktopify and cache his own boards to local storage
sorry I do not understand. This is the solution to trello offline for PC? Could you describe more detailed so even I (big PC Lama) can do it?
thank you.
Nothing specific really, I was just thinking aloud.
Basically , if you are good with caching technologies like workbox.js , you can catch your trello assets each time they are fetched from the server and save them on your localstorage, as either json, images, or texts depending on whether whatever you want to access locally is a kanban board, an image or text.
You will have to do an extra work of writing to your local storage (cache) and create triggers to push your changes to the server when you are back online.
In the interim, I am using Notion, doing whatever I want so far, but if you want a tool with more integration to things like Jira,codestream etc, you'll have to work with trello or asana.
+1
I need it.
Sticking to OneNote until this is available.
I'm going to stick with OneNote until RocketBook has integration with Notion as this can do offline sync.
I can't use an app for live performance and presentations if I have to rely on good internet connectivity.
Do you have some tips, how to effectively use OneNote as Kaban Board? some tamplates or examples or link? I have the same idea.
More over, what RocketBook means? is there plan for notion to be fully offline???
Thank you for sharing more info.
thanks.
Ludek
Just a gentle reminder of how absurd it is to rely on a completely online desktop "solution" when it gets problematic.. down.. unreachable for the second day in a row.
A thought to all students, professionals, and teams, who can't access their boards on their computers in the middle of their work. Not to mention those who struggle with a shaky Internet connection, hence, their updates and input on Trello might get unsaved.
Productivity, you said?
Four years on, if not more, Trello is still ignoring claims to provide an offline desktop version. Incredible. Is this a sci-fi feature? Or rather, is it harmful or costly to the company to develop it?
Anyone here from Trello to listen, to explain, and to mind about all the posts above?!
Absolutely.
Hello!For the desktop users: I am working on something that may help (Linux/Windows for now)
See Focus Project for Trello
Expect a "single card + list grid view" rather than a board or timeline.
Do expect
It's still in development, and primarily for the focused/deep work part, for now, I suppose it's already better than nothing if you need to bridge an hour or two of power and other outages esp. with restarts.Do feel free to try (thank you!) and - if on Windows - grab a free or pro license!
Hello all,
It's April 2022, the thread goes back to May 2017, and Trello still does not work offline??? Has anybody heard of developers' plans to release such a basic and critical feature? If so, please let me know. I tried Trello from Evernote, and I like it for what it does better, but without offline support it is worthless, I cannot risk to stop my work on the usual internet breakdown or poor cell coverage, or I am simply on a plane.
And in the meantime, as somebody pointed out, this thread becomes a discussion about alternatives to Trello, without a proper reaction from the developer. Quite sad.
Cheers!
They need the app to run on the internet so you have to keep paying the subscription, if they allowed it to work offline, you could just keep the app indefinitely. It’s part of the modern day subscription model where you are never allowed to own anything and you end up paying hundreds for one programme.
It’s part of the modern day subscription model where you are never allowed to own anything and you end up paying hundreds for one programme.
Just adding another voice of urgent need of the desktop version working offline (for both, but in my case for mac). It is so annoying to type something in, and often I don't get immediate feedback from trello that the internet connection is instable and the whole card is for nothing and needs to be written again. When I downloaded the desktop app, this is what I expected, that it works offline, otherwise what is the difference to the browser version.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.