Hello Trello Community!
So, I've found this link http://help.trello.com/article/942-assigning-people-and-due-dates-to-specific-checklist-items but it doesn't seem to be possible to do what I'd like to do, based on that little note at the top of the page.
I'm wondering what are the best ways to use Trello to set generic tasks for the overall team to see & add your own specific tasks that will benefit the team, but also to set "assignments" on some tasks for other members to help with. For example, the director is super overloaded with things to get done, but could in effect have someone helping on some of the mid-high priority tasks. I want him to be able to "mark" me or "add" me specificially to one of the tasks on one of the boards and I want to be able to either immediately see that I've been assigned, or receive a push notification of some kind so that I know I can start working on something there.
Hope that's not too confusing. It seems like there could be some ways, by adding 'members' to each task, where little initials pop up on a task. There is also the 'subscribe' tool, but I don't see how that works necessarily and seems like it would take more effort on both our parts. I'd like it to be more seamless.
Any thoughts? What options work best for your team? We are small so there's not a huge concern of being overloaded.
Thanks!
Ashley