Hi All,
I have two project plans in Bamboo (let’s call it project A and project
. So project B depends on project A, meaning that each time build of project A finishes successfully, I would like to automatically trigger build of project B. But, it’s a bit more complicated than that. Both project have nearly identical branch structure (dev branch for development, master branch holding last stable version and version branches for each release - versions are identical for both projects). Ouhh and I'm using GIT, but this does not change anything really.
Now, I would like to only trigger build of relevant branch, i.e.: If I run build of project A (branch dev), I would like to trigger build of project B (on branch dev, not any other!).
I see that bamboo has dependency plans management, but it looks like it’s lacking (or I don’t know how to use it properly).
I’ve configured dependency between project A and B (A is parent of
. Unfortunately it does not work correctly for me.
Each time I run build of A (on branch dev) it indeed triggers the build B, but on different branch (master -> which is default branch for the project
.
I looked through documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/using-plan-branches-289276872.html (Branch dependencies), and I think this should be possible (or I'm reading that wrong). Is there something that I'm missing.
Thanks in advance!