How are the file-level permissions usually configured on the shared home folder for attachments?
All the nodes in the cluster must be able to read and write files created by other nodes in the cluster, and I was wondering how this is usually configured in the file system (as there doesn't seem to be any options in JIRA to change how the files are written).
For my development instance, I created two JIRA instances on the same host. They ended up running under different user ids, and this caused issues because the first node created files as jira1/jira1 rwx------ , which couldn't be read by jira2.
Are there settings in JIRA to configure the group, r/w permissions etc, or is this completely done at the os level; configuring shared groups, umask etc,
Our plugin also writes files to the shared home directory, should I worry about permissions in my plugin, or is it up to the system admin to configure the file system correctly?