Any info on Jira/Confluence Cloud vulnerabilities to this recent cyber attack? I have contact support, but have not heard back.
Hi Christopher,
The recent cyber attack was focussed on vulnerable Windows machines (either old versions like XP or versions that have not been updated recently). So if JIRA or Confluence is running on those versions, they are vulnerable as well.
Unfortunately there's not much Atlassian can do about this. Simply make sure, if JIRA/Confluence is running on a Windows machine that it's updated with the latest security patches. More specifically make sure patch MS17-010 is installed.
Hope this helps.
Maarten
Thanks Maarten. I am referring to the Cloud versions of Jira and Confluence. Internally hosted versions, I am not concerned about.
Anyone know what the tech stack is for Cloud? Linux or MS based.
Very Linux. Not sure which distribution at the moment, although if you plough through the docs, it's clear that RedHat/CentOS is the favoured choice, and it's backed with PostGreSQL as the database.I'd say that no one in their right mind uses MS as a server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.